SPEZZATO: The Art of Mismatch

The Wall Street Journal recently wrote about 'spezzato," which is the Italian name for masterfully mixing jackets and pants.  The article focused on Italian men, but  cheres. we women can do so much more with the art form!  
image
Wall Street Journal
Really, men don't have nearly the same amount of raw material we women do.  

Now, I am NOT a fan of crazy color and pattern combinations.  You can have fun without looking as if you've tumbled out of a tiny car with a dozen other circus performers.  Because isn't the point to have a bit of fun?  To dab a touch of 'je ne sais quois' onto the oh so predictable canvas of our street dress.

SOME MIX UP INSPIRATION



pfw street style spring 2013 runway




 Atlantic Pacific










Fashion Agony
THE PERFECT SPEZZATO INGREDIENT.  LIVED IN DENIM.







 


ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS






7 comments:

Angele Style said...

YES!!! All of these looks are exactly what I mean when I say I love taking risks but I do not like it to look like a costume. Hats do not need to be wierd looking, dark glasses do not have to look cartoonish...but these looks are not as easy as I thought it would be when I started my blog. I thought I dressed interesting until I took a few photos and realized it takes alot more than what I have to put it all together. But it is sooo much fun to try....

Haylie said...

Such gorgeous looks! :)

Virginia said...

Oh dear, I"m afraid I'm having trouble with a lot of these. Perhaps I've lived in Alabama too long. Quelle dommage.
V

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Good morning dearest ANN!

I am really loving how you have taken your blog and turned up the heat! I do agree with you about how we women have a bit more RAW MATERIAL to work with. I am a bit odd; I LOVE FRIVOLOUS and ruffly and feminine for women. But I prefer a man's fashion statement to be subtle. I prefer construction boots over fine leather shoes, a pair of jeans over a fine silk suit and so on....I am old school...let the femme fatale be the center of attention!!!!!!!!

Thank you for coming by to visit. Peace my dear, Anita

"Create Beauty" said...

What fun! My favorite is the girl with the camera...

~ Violet

THE DIVINITUS said...

Really liking the leather jacket with delicate skirt combo.

Francesca Muir said...

Fabulous - fabulous - fabulous. And Merry Christmas and Happy 2013. Love from Sydney xx