VESTED INTEREST

My New Year's fashion resolution:  be more creative in my combinations!  Vests are a great way to do this:  they're comfortable for layering in all seasons, and a more subtle means of adding contrasting color or texture than a skirt or jacket.

                             Sleeveless layers -- cool for summer
CHANEL VEST @SHOP-HERS

The Sparkle Vest - A touch of glam


Vkoo cashmere vest

                 Black leather in summer....




and winter

source


Forever 21 faux leather moto vest


source

Speaking of leather vests... they're showing in all colors.  Love it!
Stephanie Pratt green leather vest white top black pants

Sam_2351_large

E1b7a6226bee070239c2349caf396151_large

5wjrx4_large

1p8gp2_large


                   The classic denim vest in summer...
BYLINE: EROTEME.CO.UK.Diane Kruger wears a denim vest with a skirt as she chats on her cellphone while out in the Bowery.

source


denim vest
source

                                    and winter.



source
The eternally cozy sweater vest, without being boring...
Chunky Sweater Vest
Biker Vest with Waist Tie

Anthro

Anthropologie


I'm not into fur, even faux, but I really like this black on black combination.
and white on white.

          Remember subtle?  The vest is a perfect way to add some sparkle...



               source

Each of the following photos are from Blair Eadie's gorgeous fashion blog, Atlantic-Pacific.  I love how she rocks thrown-together!
I would normally not have looked twice at this crazy purple faux fur from Forever 21, but I love it combined with the drab denim and the glam shoes!






Love the combination of this rough and ready vest with the floaty lace.

Well, I was so inspired by writing this post that I ran off to the mall and bought myself a gray faux leather moto vest! 

3 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

Excellent post! You have so many great selections here and while I am not really a vest fan...you may have just changed my mind! I love the cashmere at the top! Have a fabulous day!

Angele Style said...

I LOVE to wear vests as a way to make my outfits interesting. The one you chose looks GREAT!!!! I like all of your photos. It will let me look at items with a better eye now such as the big floaty lace top could look cheesy on its own and I would pass it right by but with that military vest over it and the red patten belt is a great look. Vests can be tricky to get the right fit. I love that you got it at Wet Seal. Proves one need not go to high end department stores to look FABULOUS!!!!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I LOVE YOUR PHOTO THE MOST!!!!!!! Oh Anne, this is superb! I love vests and little jackets and I also love that you are celebrating a new season NOW!

Bonne fête ma chère and thank you for visiting!!!! Anita