ROUGHING IT.... CUTE



This post is inspired by a letter I just dropped in the mailbox.... consisting of the deposit for my whale watching trip in Baja! Its going to be pretty rustic... solar cabins, outside showers, chilly weather, no phone or internet... but who cares when there will be days of whale petting, quiet beach walking, fresh grilled seafood and margaritas, and nights of bright stars far away from the noise of 'civilization.'  I am SO excited!

So of course I've started thinking about what to wear.  (You know I'm kidding, as my wardrobe will most likely consist of sweats and flip flops.)  But still, its fun to fantasize.  So here's how we do rustic winter beach vacation...





LOVE THIS COLOR!
 






























and as for my hair....

FANTASY....



  





REALITY



7 comments:

Jen said...

Great post--my favorites are some gray cashmere (I think sweaters). Have fun in Baja--I want to hear all about it!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

I LOVE THE ROUGH LIFE! And those starfish sandals are marvelous, Ann! HEY THERE! GIve me this life, the toussled hair and beach and I'm set. How are you? Anita

Heather Lindstrom said...

Ahhhh Ann-You always leave me smiling. My hair has a mind of it's own as well. Love the cozy, comfy inspirations. You are going to have a fabulous beach trip. Say hello to the sweet whales! I'm flying off to Newport Beach today for some family time this weekend myself.
Can't wait to see photos of your vacay!
xx, Heather

cindy hattersley design said...

Why does my hair look like your reality photo so often?!! I do love that sweater in the realty photo as well!! Can't wait to meet up one day!

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

DEAR ANNE! Thank you for coming to visit! Hey, did you already make your trip to Baja? You are obviously back and thank you so much for coming by! I've missed you! Anita

summerlandcottagestudio said...

Hi Anne,
If only finding these pieces to purchase was so easy…
In the last 2 days the weather has finally turned to fall here in Laguna Beach and all these pieces would be so perfect.
The canvas shoes with the walnut ink renderings are inspiring the artist in me, how FUN!!!
This post was pure DELIGHT!
Thank you Anne for sharing all the great looks.

Marsha Splenderosa said...

I like what you like. Coming over from Cindy's place. I'm following.
Great to meet you, Ann. xx's